Inspired by Michael Solomonov’s Laser Wold restaurant dish
This recipe is inspired by Michael Solomonov’s dish at his Laser Wolf restaurant. As with so many modern Israeli-inspired recipes, it draws on ingredients common in the Palestinian kitchen.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, or chicken wings
- 1-3 teaspoons harissa, to taste
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Tahini ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ½ – ¾ cup water
Make the chicken
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours. Prepare grill or heat broiler. Cook over medium high heat about 20 minutes, depending on heat source. You want nicely browned skin and some crispy charred bits.Serve with tahini ranch dressing and chopped chives.
Make the tahini ranch dressing
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients. Whisk or stir vigorously until tahini and water are incorporated and texture is like a thick but pourable cream. Add more water in small increments if necessary.
This article was originally published on the Forward.